Saturday, October 12, 2013

ULM

Happy Weekend Everyone!

Yesterday Ragnar took me with him to Ulm city. He had to give a lecture there and offered me to go with him... I'm really lucky hahaha


Ulm located on the borders with between B-W and Bayern. It's famous with Ulm Minster. Minster church has the tallest steeple in the world, really high!

This city is a birthplace of two famous people, one is Jasmin :P (from ifa staff and Anna's colleague) and the other is ....Albert Einstein! Yes, Yes, Einstein himself!
Ok, let's stop writing and see pictures :)


Leaving Stuttgart, Ulm is about 84 km far from us
Landscape is Wonderful 
I like the view :)
In the tunnel :D
..annnnd just after :P
ULM.. Finally :)

I left Ragnar to prepare his lecture and I went to Minster church. In my way to there I passed by Ulm public library 'Zentralbibliothek' and Ulm town hall 'Das Rathaus', such a beautiful building ..piece of ART! WUNDERBAR!



Ulm public library, beautiful modern design at night with lights on..WOW
Walls painting and writing tell Ulm city history
Ulm town hall
The library and town hall view from Minster church
Closer view for library and town hall
The square near the town hall
schön schön schön
Famous view for the Rathaus :P
Just wow.. u can stare the whole day!
Piece of Sweeeeet cake hahaha

So I headed to Minster after that. The magnificent Gothic church needed 603 years to finish!! *_*

Well, the work was not continuous of course during 6 centuries,  but it was built from time to time. First stone was laid in 1377 and was completed in 1890.


View for Ulm Minster from town hall
Once u r near it, u feel how big Minster really is
Me & Ulm Minster Kirche ^^
Fountain in Minster square
The Minster square 'Mister Platz'
I tried to so many time to capture the whole church in one view, too tall to do so!
Emotional..
Minster steeple..
The last point, man can go up to there.. I did :)
Just down there ..

I decided to go upstart till the last step. Exactly 768 STEPS to go up *_*, it's is not easy to do so unless u r so interested. Minster steeple is 161.5 meter long. For me, this is the tallest building I've ever ascended in my life.. personal record :)



Here we gooooo

You can see Saint George's church near trees
The square from above..
upper..upper :P
Last part of the steeple to climb
View from above for the rest of Minster Church
Ulm from above :)
The Danube river 'Donau'
Danube with the Library
Beautiful view for Ulm and the horizon back there :)

After that I went inside the church itself, unfortunately the lights was almost off. I think it was time to close so all the pictures from inside were too dark and bad to post here.. These three are the best of all :(


Inside Minster
Beautiful 
With light would it look amazing :(

After going up 160 meter, I was really hungry. So I bought a Minster church postcard as a souvenir and went out searching something to eat. I found this Indian restaurant and immediately I though about RICE hahahah. Indian kitchen is close to Yemeni kitchen..so I ordered Biryani and Kulfi.. schmeckt so gut ^____^


The best Biryani ever :P
Feeling active again to continue after Biryani, weather becomes colder and the sky darker..it was about 6:30 PM so I went to walk a little near the second longest river in Europe, the Danube river :)


Beautiful architecture.. near Ulm library
:)
It's fall, u can see magnificent color
In my way to Danube, I passed this famous old tower, it was part of the old Ulm wall
The tower view from the Danube
Der Donau
Danube + Ulm Minster + old tower.. I like this picture the most!
They were playing so beautiful live songs for tourists
Ulm :)
Old wall tower of Ulm
Danube Ulm side with the old tower
Love of the Danube <3  <3 

The best way to finish my Ulm tour was to capture my below last picture..


bye bye Ulm

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a nice trip dude
I looove the way you tell a story with pics simple shick and funny ^_^
Keep the good work & enjoy it to the max

Thabet said...

Thxxx Dina :P
I'm doing it.. be sure ^_^