Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Endlich .. in Deutschland!

I'm little bit late in writing my posts. I'm here a week ago and must write about the first days here.. I'll try to write more to catch up!

Germany Map, by NordNordWest (CC BY-SA 3.0)
Germany is a spectacular country, forget all the old cold shallow ideal picture that might the older colder shallower media have always pictured. That does not mean it's all wrong, but it's extremely shallow and reflect only tiny picture about Germany.

What lethargic-media says about Germany?
Well, let me guess:
1 Nazis and second world war 50%
2 German typical social coldness 10%
3 Racism toward anything Un-German! 10%
4 Beer..Beer..Beer..and  Beeeeeeer 10%
5 Good machines and cars 10%
Mmm what else??.. ohh yah maybe in the past few years you may hear Germany next to Europe's financial crisis… so another 10% :P
I've to say that if you know all above mentioned points, though are shallow, it means u know Germany pretty good!

Germany is all of that but quit much different:
1 Nazi and 2nd WW should be <5% .. it had been almost 70 years.. come on!

2 Coldness is something personal, Germans are sociable once they know you better. I think this is the right social way of living… why should I be cooool with whoever anyway? More than that, they're not cold! actually once you talk with anyone, you can see how kind they are..i tried it so far and it's really good...just SPEAK out.. for sure in German 'auf Deutsch natürlich -_-'

3 Racism is everywhere and POINT. I didn't see any kind of racism at all. Maybe it exist, but I think not more than other places, even in Yemen where I come from, there is many kinds of racism..plenty actually. At least in Germany and many other democratic countries they are fighting it with laws. Most of people practice racism without consider themselves racists, and maybe because German racism always connected with Nazis which makes it more famous i guess! and this take us to point No. 1 again :/
Anyway I think that racism thing is like huge smoke from small fire, and once you think too much about it, u'll see it every corner. Once you just forget it u may never see it! It's something related to 'Prejudgments' more than anything else, I'd say!

4 Beer is for sure a German thing, but be sure that:
Germans drink water more than beer :P
they drink coffee more than beer,
they drink tee more than beer,
they have  more or less like other nations drinking habits, they just do it more intimate.. Sie geniessen Qualität!

5 German industry is for sure something worth to gain 10% and even more. They enjoy doing things right I think! So whatever made in Germany is worth buying, BUT Germany has more to give other than its goods!

Just to make it clear, I'm not being overwhelmed by Germany and not passing any kind of cultural shock. I know about Germany better than any other than my country.
Germany is bigger to be described in such small post. I'll light on various spots regarding Germany in the upcoming posts. 

The first will be the language 'die Sprechen'

Deutsch = German                               Deutschland = Germany
   Hallo = Hello                                           Tschüss = Bye

I find German language beautiful. Ok, not as French, but German language has its own beauty. I like to imagine that German shows it beauty for her Lovers only! Most who study German, do it for duty and for other purpose other than trying to enjoy the language itself, so they find it little hard and it is actually. Though, once you think about its difficulty from different point of view, you'll discover something hidden..! eine besondere Liebe.

Only now I notice that I did not talked about my first days in Germany.. amazing how fingers subconsciously write and write .. verrückt!

I'll concentrate in my next post…Tschüss


2 comments:

woobia said...

keep it on my friend ,, i really enjoy your writing

Thabet said...

u r the best :)
thxxx