Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Der esrte Tag

October 7th  was my my first day in this CrossCultre program at Pharos e.V. office.
I'll be working with Dr. Ragner Müller and he will supervise my whole work here as I mentioned before.

I'll write a comment about an article was published on August 2013 by SWP (The Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik, it letterally means The Foundation for Science and Politics, but it's also calls German Institute for International and Security Affairs).
The article is "Yemen's Independent Youth and Their Role in the National Dialogue Conference" by Atiaf Zaid Alwazir. Click here to read the pdf article.

The article is more descriptive than analytic and I find few things I'd like to comment about:

I've a problem with the defined 'independent' members because I don't think most of them are. Mrs. Alwazir said: At least half of the NDC’s youth members fit the definition of independent youth.
I think they are much less than that percentage. All says about themselves independent, this is a real problem.

Alwazir said:Many Yemenis trust youth precisely because they stem from outside this inner circle.
Well, I totally disagree. I think and many people think that Youth are the weakest group, simply because they are being swallowed by the older inner political parts. They are easily mis-guided because of their immature political experience that Mrs. Alwazir mentioned it somewhere else in the article.


National Dialogue Conference logo

Alwazir also said: How-ever, none of the new youth parties were selected to participate. This led eight newly established parties to file a case against the NDC against their exclusion.
I feel sympathy with these new Youth parties, but I don't think they deserve to have their own members in the NDC because they are too small to enter  I mean there are tens of other older small parties didn't enter the NDC, so dis these small new parties. There was no elimination of any kind in my opinion.

Alwazir said in the end: Youth have established themselves as important actors who will surely be involved in the future political scene.
I think we are have the same hope, but reality always hit us directly in the face. The current situation in Yemen help only the already strong political parties. It's hard to get through this field in Yemen and make a real change. Yemen problem are almost too big to be solved. Alwazir did not focus on something very important dividing the whole country  It's not old and new political parties, it's not between the bad and good ones! It's between South and North of country. This is the real problem that divide Youth and all the other traditional parties. She should focus on this thing because it's the real problem that makes Yemen's problems too big to be solved!

*Picture is from the NDC official website.

6 comments:

FCpostcrossing said...

Hello,

My name is Francis from Oregon in the US.

I'm looking for someone who can send me a postcard from Yemen. Would you be happy to do this? I would be so grateful. I'm working on a project where I collect a postcard from each country in the world, then hold a lottery and travel to these random countries.

In return, of course I can send you a thank-you from Portland,

Thanks for reading all of this!

All the best

francis(dot)corbett(at)live(dot)com

Thabet said...

Hi Francis,

I'm member of postcrossing.com too..but currently I'm abroad in Germany and I don't have any Yemeni card.

I'll send you one when I'll be back to Yemen..in 2 months!

Good luck

FCpostcrossing said...

That would be amazing - I would be so happy with one from Yemen. Shall I get back in touch with you in two months?

My postcrossing username: fcorbett
my email: francis.corbett@live.com
My Facebook: www.facebook.com/fcpostcrossing

All the best,

Francis

Thabet said...

Yes, please come back again in two months please :)


good luck with your project! Can't wait to see you filling the whole collection!



FCpostcrossing said...

All the best Thabet, and thanks for your kind words! Have a great time in Germany, and we'll talk soon :)

P.S. Great photos - Stuttgart looks lovely at this time of year

FCpostcrossing said...

Hello again. Its me - Francis from Portland. Wishing you a very happy 2014 and wondering whether you would still like to swap postcards with me?

I'll give you my email address: francis.corbett@live.com

I look forward very much to hearing from you!

All the best,

Francis