Monday, October 7, 2013

Hallo aus Stuttgart!

This is Thabet, ur host from Aden (Yemen) and gonna write u down my CrossCulture internship experience in Germany for the coming 3 months, more or less ;)

If u find this post interesting and gonna follow my upcoming posts, I suggest that u read a little bit about ifa CrossCulture internship program before anything else. All of this is because of their amazing program J, in the upcoming posts there will be various related links to ifa (ifa is a German abbreviation for Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen and means Institute for Foreign Cultural Relations).

Simple basic English will be the official language here :P, I may do some mistakes so be fine with it! I'm not that good in English language. I'll also use German language as a spices 'wie Gewütze' and in order not to get confused, I'll mark them in red color 'wie einer der drei deutschen Flagge Farbe', more significant , such spices won't make different for non-German speakers to understand everything.. after all it's only spices ;)



ifa head-office building
So.. why this blog?
It's Herr Ragnar Müller idea in first place (Ragnar is my internship supervisor from Pharos, read below). He suggested to create special blog for my internship and so it was J.  I feel little bit angry about myself for missing such idea :D though I'm kinda old blogger and created my first blog in 2006. I've been writing so few in last 2 years, so maybe this blog will motivate me to gain my writing desire again, hoffnungsvoll!

How often I'll write?
I don't know. It depends on what I'll find interesting to write about.. I hope a lot!!

Who are youuu??
As aforementioned, I'm Thabet and I'm 2013 ifa CrossCultre holder. I'm general physician 'Artz von Beruf' and volunteered civil activist. First I volunteered in first aid NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) Field Medical Foundation for about 2 years (2011-2012) and in 2012 I became a member in human right NGO calls Adalah for Rights & Freedoms and I was chosen by ifa cultural program based on my activity in these NGOs and so shall all the other participants did in their homeland.

What's ur internship about?
ifa's idea is to serve cultural exchange between Germany and the rest of the world. This specific program is limited to Islamic countries. Most of the accepted participants come to Germany and do their training for at least 6 weeks up to 12 weeks maximum in similar NGO of their homeland ones. German participants go vice versa, they do their training in Islamic countries.

Hence I'll do my training with Pharos e.V. in Stuttgart city in Baden-Würtemburg state, Southwest Germany. Pharos is my host NGO where I'll do my internship with them. Pharos focus on human aid and democratic education and I'm supposed to learn things related to their work but also to learn about Germany as a whole as well. This mean the country, the people, the culture, the system, food.. Cars und vielleicht das deutsche Bier :P


My next post will be about my first days in Stuttgart .. bis dahin J
gg

4 comments:

Annemarie said...

Sounds like the beginning of a Great Time.

Thabet said...

I hope it will!

Thanks Annemarie :)

Unknown said...

Ich fine das sehr interessant.

Thabet said...

und mehr zu kommen :)