Thursday, July 10, 2014

Ramadan

Ramadan is a month when Muslims are suppose to fast. Fasting "s- Fasten", from sunrise to sunset, means (among many things): no food, no drink, no sex & to remind us that we should always be good, be nice, give charity...etc.

Duration of fasting is so much varied around the globe. It depends about the geographical location, where some places the day is around 8 hours and in other countries like Germany it is about 19 hours.

Anyway I decided to fast and see how it goes here. It's good so far, though I do fast about 15 hours (it's complicated to explain why not 19 hours..just pass over, please!!).

Ramadan is much about the spiritual side. It makes sense with company of the family. Well, unfortunately both of them are missing here.. BUT few days ago I got the chance to feel such feeling!! :D

Dear Maisoun Othman, a 2014 ifa CrossCultre participant from Egypt, just arrived few days ago to ... STUTTGART of course ;) ... and I'm her tutor during her internship! Yes, I know I know, I'll write soon about this experience :P

So Maisoun and I had the chance two days ago to attend Iftar organized by an Egyptian association in Altes Feuerwehrhaus

Well, it was WONDERFUL! The atmosphere was so lovely "lebhaftes Ambiente"! Lovely dinner with many Egyptians and Germans and...one Yemeni! hahahah

I liked that many Germans were there and shared this spiritual meeting. The spiritual music was on all the time in company with the DELICIOUS homemade fooooood :D
OK, I'll just let you enjoy the pictures ;)

Before we headed to the Iftar location, we hanged out in Stuttgart Stadtmitte.

It was Kinder- und Jugendfestival Stuttgart
The players said: We wanna take #Selfie hahah
Soap Bubble "e- Seifenblase"


Then we headed to Erwin-Schoettle-Platz, where this stature is.
I like it :))
‫Matthäuskirche, just in front of the Iftar location, Perfekt! :)
Matthäus Church
Maisoun here...
and Maisoun back there :P
and me here again
Before we start eating
:)
Maisoun
Delicious Egyptian homemade food, lecker leckerrrr :D
YUMMMMMMY



I can't resist :P
Egyptian homemade desserts :)))


Holy Chatting :P
MY DINNER :D
MY DESSERTS :D
Maisoun likes watermelon so much :P

The bad news is...they do it  only once a year :((
Also I have some videos, but they are quite big and I can't upload them..sorry!

Bis nächstes Jahr..!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

glad to see you enjoying ramadan there,, keep it up bro and faste 19 hours a day, stop cheating :)

Thabet said...

Thxx :))

BTW this isn't cheating -_-